Network Monitor 3.3 - Disponibile per il download
Si arricchisce ulteriormente di nuove funzionalità questa release di Microsoft Network Monitor. Questo update, dalla 3.2 alla 3.3, introduce il supporto ufficiale del nuovo OS Microsoft, Windows 7 ed di Microsoft Hyper-V. E' disponibile in versioni a 32/64 bit e Itanium.
Direttamente dal blog del team di sviluppo di Network Monitor:
· Ability to capture WWAN (mobile broadband) and Tunnel traffic on Windows 7.
· Full Hyper-V support on Windows Server 2008
· Right-click-add-to-alias: Right-click a frame in the Frame Summary window with an IPv4, IPv6 or MAC address to add that address as a new alias. This is one of those little things that simplifies your work-flow.
· Right-click-go-to-definition: Have you ever wondered where and how the protocols fields you see in the Frame Details are defined in our in-built parsers? Wonder no more. Introducing right-click-go-to-definition: right-click a field in the Frame Details window and select Go To Data Field Definition or Go To Data Type Definition to see where the field is defined in the NPL parsers.
· Autoscroll: Another one of those little, but priceless things … auto-scroll. See the most recent traffic as it comes in. In a live capture, click the AutoScroll button on the main toolbar to have the Frame Summary window automatically scroll down to display the most recent frames as they come in. Click Autoscroll again to freeze the view in its present location.
· Core Parser Set: We heard your concerns about our parsing performance, and created an optimized Core parser set that only contains 32 protocol parsers for network layer and transport protocols (e.g., Ethernet, IP, and TCP). This parser set can increase your parsing performance by up to 200% depending on the data you are viewing. To enable the Core parser set, go to Tools > Options from the main menu, and click on the Parser tab. Click on the Common folder and click the stubs button to load stub parsers for this folder. Do the same thing for the Windows folder
· ETL Support: Network Monitor 3.3 can open and correlate information in ETL files generated by Network Tracing in Windows 7.
And now for the main event … two of our most exciting features that will revolutionize how you analyze your traces:
· Frame Commenting: Read all about this feature in our previous blog article. Briefly, Frame Commenting lets you attach comments to frames in a saved capture file. Select the Frame Comments tab in the lower-right window to add, view, edit, or delete comments. With this feature you can annotate a trace with your comments and observations and store that metadata directly with the capture file itself!
· Experts: Experts are stand-alone applications that analyze Network Monitor capture data. In Network Monitor 3.3 we provide a simple interface for registering experts with the product and invoking them on a saved capture file. We have made some initial experts available online at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=133950. Simply install the experts and run them directly from the UI on a capture file.
fonte: NM Team Blog
Network Monitor è uno strumento fondamentale durante le fasi di analisi e troubleshooting.
Per domande e commenti vi aspetto sul forum di ISAserver.it, oppure sul blog.
Luca Conte, MCSE/MCSA:Security, MCT, MCTIP: Windows 2008
MCTS: Windows Virtualization, VMWare VCP
Consulting Services & Professional Training
ISA Server Jumpstart 2009 - http://www.isaserverjumpstart.com
ISA Server Technical Days - http://days.isaserverjumpstart.com
ISA Server Workbook 2a Ed - http://workbook.isaserverjumpstart.com